Thursday, May 3, 2007

Toys R Us Confession...

OK, I've got a confession to make.

I LOVE going to Toys R Us! Possibly even more than Bria does (shh.. don't tell her that)

I don't know why; they have poor customer service, they are over-crowded, they don't have great deals and the merchandise isn't in great shape either.

But it's something about the huge selection of toys... it makes me feel like a kid again! I could spend hours browsing through their aisles.

I stopped in last night to inquire about a new bicycle tire for Bria's 14" bike. They didn't have any bicycle parts and there was no one available to answer my questions.

So, I should've been in and out right? Wrong! I browsed through the Barbie aisle, the Thomas The Train stuff, the Little Tykes picnic tables, electric cars, hobby horses, doll houses, and outside gear. I could've gone longer but I began to worry about the time. I forced myself to walk past the DVD's and storybooks and proceed to checkout. I almost bought a Little Tykes picnic table, I went back to them three times!

I left with 3 plastic trucks and a factory mill for the sandbox. I also couldn't resist this cute little water/sand playset on sale for under $10.

I told myself the kids would use it all season and it might be gone by Memorial Day!
Uh, right.

3 comments:

Eve said...

I feel the same way about Once Upon A Child. I went tonight for some sandals and came out with the opposite -- a car seat toy, a travel seat, and a Dr. Seuss book.
Still no sandals. Lu's going to have to look dorky in his shorts, white socks, and black sneakers.

JoAnn said...

Hey Eve,

I was surprised to find that Target and Walmart have pretty good sandals and tennis shoes for toddlers. Ya might want to try there too. :-)

Eve said...

Thanks for the tip. I actually got REALLY lucky at a flea market this past weekend and found some cute birkenstock like sandals for $1. They were in great condition and actually fit!