Not to be outdone by his sister's excitement with Vacation Bible School, CJ decided to create some excitement of his own by taking a flying leap off of the bed and landing on his head!
Whatever possessed him to do that we'll never know! He might have been trying to dive into a pillow and just missed by a long shot...
Regardless, he ran fast enough and landed hard enough at such an angle that I dialed 911 immediately! One of those situations where you are glad to hear them screaming because that means they're still breathing!!!
Once the EMT's arrived, he started smiling and answering their questions as if nothing had happened! He particularly liked their two-way radios and cried when they left.
After checking him over they didn't think it was necessary to take him into the ER, I just had instructions to watch him for anything unusual over the next 24-48 hrs... Of course I HAD to research head & neck injuries on the web after that and succeeded in scaring myself half to death with all of the possibilities on what could happen within those 24-48 hrs or even weeks later!! (another reason to lose sleep )
1 comment:
I hope CJ has recovered from his fall! How scary.
Post a Comment