Well, summer is quickly drawing to a close. School is starting. Bria and I joined girl scouts. CJ will start a little art class (his "school" week will consist of one art class, a tumbling class, and trips to the library.) Emelie will start preparing to return home... and we'll all start preparing to bring another au pair into the family this Fall!
Chris and I both will be searching for and starting new job assignments. Ugh! Mine might include more hours (which I'm not thrilled about)
And as if that's not enough for one mommy... I've.. err um.. WE'VE recently acquired quite a few critters to add to the fold... don't ask me why.. I don't know. And I was one of the worst offenders! But I was egged on by Bria and CJ! I can't have just one critter in a cage or tank afterall!
Soooo, we now have 2 angel fish and 1 aquatic snail in Bria's room... a red betta and aquatic snail in Chris's office... a purple betta and aquatic snail for my office (it matches the decor beautifully though I have to admit)... and two hermit crabs (also in my office 'cause we can't trust them in CJ's room just yet)! I've been worrying and fussing over how to best care for each of these new critters for a week now. But it's fun and I'm enjoying it as long as I can keep them all healthy! note: Hermit crabs and snails are much more active than I ever imagined!
August was a bad month for our family regarding summer colds. Poor CJ got hit with a triple whammy! A bad cough for a week. Then he caught Bria's cold (which we all ended up getting); then he got a high fever that lasted 5 days! If you know me.. you can guess how often I was in the doctors' offices trying to get answers and make my babies feel better. Unfortunately, in each case.. it was just a virus, or a new virus and nothing related to the previous virus... and we just had to let it all run its course! THAT was fun!
But everybody seems healthy now.
I'd better go find some wood to knock on!
cheers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment