

And Oh the drama!
The thing was hanging by a thread. So Chris and I encouraged her to "work on it" a while before going back to bed. We were worried she'd swallow it during the night. It was THAT loose!
I went downstairs to pack up her things for school while she was working on her tooth. We'd foolishly agreed to let her take her DS to school "like all the other kids" to play during free time on Friday. I noticed it was missing from her case. Let's just say this was NOT a happy household for the next hour as we realized the thing was lost at school. Poor Bria especially shed a lot of tears over the whole ordeal. Notice the puffy eyes?
I FINALLY convinced her to calm down and forget about it tonight, try her wiggly tooth one more time and get some sleep. It was 11:30pm by this time.
Bria took a deep breath. Agreed. Tried her wiggly tooth and it came out! She was sooo excited she actually forgot about the DS! Thank Goodness!
We took pictures, put it in the special box she made for it, showed Daddy (who was almost asleep by this time) and I ushered her off to bed. As she left the bathroom with her precious box and the treasure it held... Bria had to look at it one more time...
She opened her box on the threshold of the bathroom right by a pile of wet towels... turned to look at it in the bathroom light and...
The darn thing wasn't in the box! We scoured the cream colored carpet, the cream colored bathroom floor, the ivory colored porcelain countertops for another 20 minutes. It was gone. Bria was devastated! And I was devastated for her! Two treasures lost in the same night. I was beginning to think we'd never get her calmed down and asleep.
I finally convinced her that the tooth fairy must be close by and in a hurry. The disappearance of the tooth that fast was some powerful magic and we'd better get to sleep right away so the tooth fairy could finish her business and move on to another kids' house. Bria agreed only on the condition that I print out a picture of her first tooth as proof that she lost it... and leave it with her special box... just in case.
Of course I did. I also spent another 20 minutes after she was asleep down on my hands and knees carefully going over the carpet again and shaking out each bath towel in the hallway looking for that tooth.
Let's just say that the tooth fairy will be leaving a surprise AND letting Bria keep her first tooth as a souvenir in the morning. :-)
Oh and by the way... she's already got another wiggly tooth in the spot right next to the one she just lost.
4 comments:
Congratulations to Bria on losing her first tooth! Let's hope that the next one isn't as eventful.
Yeahhh Bria!
Sounds like an exhausting evening! Sarah can't wait to lose a tooth.
Laura
What an evening:)
Post a Comment