Saturday, March 10, 2007

Mommy/Baby Exercise Class...


Well, I survived my second week of exercise with CJ!!!

A wiggly, squirmy, 22 lb bundle of energy is NOT an easy exercise prop!
Although I DO get a workout and break a sweat, I don't think chasing after my son was part of the intended choreography and he definitely doesn't consider it to be quality time w/Mommy (unless of course he can run around and explore and play with the other babies like he wants to do..)



The class seems to be geared towards babies who are about 13lbs and who are NOT mobile. Which means I would've had to join shortly after CJ was born!! haha (OK, maybe not quite... but you get the picture...)

The other mothers don't seem to mind and the teacher insists he is fine even if he does want to explore.

So I guess we'll continue to stick it out. I have discovered muscles that I'd long forgotten about... so maybe it is doing some good.



2 comments:

Eve said...

Sounds like hard work. How old are the other kids? I can imagine Lu having a hard time there as well. He'll only sit still long enough to finish his bottle.

JoAnn said...

It is! The class advertised for babies 3mos-18mos. But CJ is the oldest there and the only walker. The next oldest is a 10 month old little boy. But he is small for his age and only crawling a little bit.