
Bria is rules driven; typical first born girl; she wants to know why we are and aren't supposed to do things and she wants to know what the reason for each thing in her world is... before she sticks her neck out and takes a risk. Thus she asks "Why?" alot! I remember she stumped me one day as I was driving her to preschool when she asked "Why do people have insurance?" and "What is insurance Mommy?"
CJ, on the other hand, is a typical boy: active; curious; always taking things into his own hands... literally! When he is on a mission, he really doesn't want you to stop his discovery. And thus, he asks "Why not?" alot! It also tells ya something about how often we have to tell him "No" and "Don't do that". "CJ don't stick your fingers in your drink" "Why not, Mommy?"... "CJ don't throw your toys down the steps" "Why not?" "CJ don't jump on the couch" "Why not?" "No, you can't have lollypops for dinner." "Why not?" and so on.
CJ also wants to know what everything is. When he isn't responding to our corrections with "Why not?", he's asking about what everything he sees or hears is. "What's that called?" What's that mean?" etc.
This morning on the way to daycare I was playing kids songs on the CD Player. CJ started asking "Mommy, what does 'taste your ware' mean?" It took me a minute to realize the song version of Simple Simon was playing on the CD. haha
Simple Simon met a pie man
going to the fair
said Simple Simon to the pie man
let me taste your ware!
:
Monday, March 16, 2009
Bria asks "Why?"... CJ asks "Why Not?"
I've noticed a core difference between my two kids... which I suppose shouldn't be so surprising but it surprised me all the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is just like Cam, another first born. Although with Cameron he likes following the rules until they apply to him and he wants to ignore them. Is Bria like that?
Ugh! Those first borns, I live with two of them. But boy, are they good eggs:)
Post a Comment